Smart Option Student Loan®
made by Sallie Mae®
A Choice of Repayment Options, Competitive Interest Rates, and No Origination Fee
An ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
Features and Benefits
- Competitive interest rates for undergraduate students. Variable interest rates start from 4.00% APR to 10.86% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.1
- Lower interest rates for graduate students. Variable interest rates start from 4.00% APR to 8.91% APR. Fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR.1
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty.
- Lower the interest rate—Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction
while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.2
- Borrow up to 100% of the school-certified cost of attendance.3
- Cosigner release available. After graduation a borrower may apply for their
cosigner to be released from the loan once they have made 12 consecutive, on-time
principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements.5
- Pay now or later—Defer your payments until after school or choose an in-school
repayment option that fits your needs.1
- Graduated Repayment Period—The Smart Option Student Loan was the first
nationwide private student loan to offer a Graduated Repayment Period feature6,
providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students maintain their Sallie Mae loans in good standing can request to make 12 interest – only payments instead of full principal and interest payments after they finish school.7
- A quick credit result—Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
We encourage students and families to supplement their savings by exploring grants, scholarships, and federal and state student loans, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
This information is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions only. You must be attending or have attended a participating school located in the U.S. during an eligible prior enrollment period. You must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident or a Non-U.S. citizen borrower with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and required U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) documentation. U.S. citizens and permanent residents enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or who are attending or have attended schools located outside the U.S. are also eligible. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Information advertised valid as of April 25, 2018.
* The Sallie Mae partner referenced is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
1,2,3,5,6,7 Click here for important information. Terms, conditions and limitations apply.